Have I mentioned lately how much I love television? Well, this is your annual reminder. I prefer the Emmy Awards over the Oscars because I am familiar (maybe too much) with most of the shows. There probably won’t be too many surprises at this year’s ceremony because I expect Breaking Bad to win most of the dramatic awards for their last season. However, I really hope to see some deserving wins in the comedy categories.
Here we go with my picks!
- Best Actress Drama: Robin Wright
- Best Actor Drama: Bryan Cranston
- Best Supporting Actress Drama: Anna Gunn (though I would never count out Maggie Smith).
- Best Supporting Actor: Peter Dinklage. Sorry, Aaron Paul, but Tyrion had a way better season than Jesse.
- Best Drama: Breaking Bad
- Best Actress Comedy: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Best Actor Comedy: Ricky Gervais. If he does not win this, there is something wrong with the Emmy voters.
- Best Supporting Actress Comedy: Kate McKinnon
- Best Supporting Actor Comedy: Andre Braugher
- Best Writing Comedy: Louis. This is the only episode of this show that I’ve ever seen. For a comedy, the writing in this episode was so spot on that I was crying pretty hard by the end. I would like to see it win.
- Best Comedy: I don’t care for any of these enough to name them best comedy, but if I’m forced to choose, I’ll go Louis.
- Best Actor Miniseries/Movie: Benedict Cumberbatch
- Best Supporting Actor Miniseries/Movie: Matt Bomer
- Best Writing Miniseries/Movie: Sherlock. This was the best episode of television I’ve seen all year.
- Best Variety Show: Colbert Report. Let’s have him go out on top!
I am really annoyed that The Emmys are on a Monday. I have to work and won’t be able to devote my full attention to the whole show. I will be excited for the red carpet, which I can focus on. So come back Tuesday for a recap!